Karanks can be called antediluvian. The fish was formed 60 million years ago. This is the border of the Cretaceous and Paleogene. The skeletons of quranks are found in sedimentary deposits of epochs. The remains of animals fell to the bottom of the ocean. The flesh decayed. The bones were literally impressed under the pressure of the water column into the mineral masses of the bottom.
The landscape has changed. In place of the seas the land appeared. It was there that the scientists found the first skeletons of the quranx. Live familiarity with him took place in the 1801st year. Antediluvian creation saw and recorded Bernard Germain Etienne. This is a French ichthyologist. Since its discovery, the caranx has become one of the main commercial fish. Symbolism is associated with the characteristics of her fishing. Which one About it and not only, further
Description and features of fish karanks
Caranx is a fish of the family of mackerel, group of percass. Hence the main difference is the body, flattened from the sides and stretched vertically. From the doldrums, the hero of the article took a pocket on his back. Both upper fins are removed. Therefore, in the photo of the quest, you can see both with two and with one, or even without spinal processes.
Karanksy — no animal, and the genus. It has 18 species. They all love warm and salty waters. To the fresh tolerant youngsters. He swims in the river, catching crustaceans there and hiding from the formidable predators of the ocean.
Adult quails feed on mollusks and crustaceans. To this menu they add small fish. Even young dolphins were found in the stomachs of representatives of the genus. Sometimes, turtles turn up in the stomachs of scad. In young individuals, the shells are malleable, damaged by the sharp teeth of the Karangs. Writing the name of the genus through the «g» — an alternative, approved on a par with the main
Hunting quaraxes together with their relatives. Together, animals surround flocks of other fish, gradually squeezing the offensive ring. The victims are trying to jump out of the water. That as if boils. It is not possible to hold out for a long time in the air, either they eat the birds circling over the carnage, or fall back into the depths of the water and feed the stavrid. There is a hierarchy in the hunting flocks of the Qaranks. Large and strong individuals lead the process of catching and seize tidbits. Other fish groups take it for granted.
On the hunt, the heroes of the article come out in the twilight. Happy fish swim idly and alone. Only the hunt encourages unification of the horse. Even the juvenile feline prefers solitude. However, young animals have an additional reason to unite in flocks — danger. When young quarantics notice predators, they intuitively get into groups.
The hero of the article prefers limited water areas, not floating far from the «familiar» places. Correspondingly, the other mantis of native waters of the Quranks know “by sight”. Usually, the sphere of influence of fish is 10 kilometers in diameter. Further from home, individuals swim only to spawn. For his sake scad overcome 30-50 kilometers.
At a young age, members of the genus have elongated fins and a torso higher than that of adult fish. Over the years, it becomes squat, and the fins look shorter and wider. Grown up, quilts are stretched to 55-170 centimeters. The maximum weight of the hero of the article is 80 kilograms. Accordingly, representatives of some species of the genus are comparable with adult men and women.
In what reservoirs is the quarantine found
Representatives of the genus were distributed over the warm sea waters of the entire globe. The exact location of the animals chosen, «relying» on the presence of food supply, the dangers in the form of hunters and larger predators. However, the main criterion is depth. Karangs do not fall below 100 meters and rarely rise above 5. Within these limits, the fish feel at ease, rushing down and up.
At the bottom, the heroes of the article have chosen coral reefs, they love to “walk” among the sunken ships and the skeletons of ancient cities. Such corners are on the shelf and in the lagoons. Here it is worth looking for scad.
The bulk of the quranks is concentrated in the Red Sea, off the coast of Hawaii, Africa, and Thailand. The Australian population is also large. Another Karangs is caught from New Zealand. In general, if we talk about the oceans, the hero of the article is found in the Pacific, Indian and Atlantic.
Types of Quranks
Having common features, the types of quranks differ in the general appearance and nuances of the structure. In some, for example, the dorsal fins look exactly up, while in others they are inclined towards the tail. There are fish with a forehead protruding, and there are those with a sloping one. Some of the quicks are pulling up their chins, but most are straight. It’s time to drill down. Consider scad on a decrease in body weight and size:
1. The giant quarantine. It grows up to 170 centimeters in length, increasing 50-80 kilograms of mass. Representatives of the species have a massive head and shortened body. Giants need water with low salinity. This is found at the junction of the seas and the rivers flowing into them.
Therefore, in Egypt, for example, giant cobreeds are caught in the Nile Delta. However, the largest trophy fish caught off the coast of the island of Maui. He ranked in the Hawaiian archipelago. Here there is the concept of «royal karnaks» — an alternative name for the giant.
2. Diamond carnacs. Also called emerald. Small fish scales glistening like faceted diamonds. Mostly visible flashes of green-blue. These spots are reminiscent of emeralds. In length, the fish reaches 117 centimeters, and in the weight of 43 kilo.
3. Creal-Jack. Characterized by the Mediterranean and the waters of western Africa. Against the background of other covridas, the Creval is distinguished by a split dorsal fin. Its front part consists of 8 spikes, and the back contains 1 vertebra and 20 soft rays Adults are pulled out to 170 centimeters, but weigh less than diamond. The maximum weight of a creval jack is 33 kiologram.
4. The large quarantine is significantly inferior in mass to the giant and slightly diamond with Crewe-jack, reaching only 30 kilograms. They are distributed in a 120 centimeter body. It is oblong-oval. Distinctive features — a steep forehead and spikes at the ends of the caudal fin. You can meet such fish in the Indian Ocean.
5. Black scad or blackjack. The maximum weight of this fish is 20 kilos. At length, black scaly reach 110 centimeters. You can meet representatives of the species in all tropical seas. The main population lives in Red. Externally, the blackbacks are distinguished by a dorsal fin arched in a crescent shape and dark in color.
6. Big-eyed view. Justifies the name. Most eyes are small. The size of the big-eyed individuals is solid. The length of the fish pulled out to 110 centimeters. In weight, big-eyed karanks with a few kilograms are inferior to Black Maws
7. Blue runner or Egyptian scad. The species is characteristic of the Mediterranean and the Atlantic. There the runner took a fancy to the waters near the oil platforms. Such a choice, while, remains a mystery to scientists. The length of the fish does not exceed 70 centimeters, and the weight gain 5-7 pounds.
8. Green Jack. The 55-centimeter body weighs about 3 kilograms. Named in honor of coloring. However, the green one differs from the other Qaranxis by the structure of the gill plates and the elongated shape of the lateral fins. Representatives of the species live along the American coast and in the Pacific Ocean.
9. Chord quarantine. One of the smallest representatives of the Stavrid. The fish weighs no more than a couple of kilos, and is half a meter long. The second name is a false scad. It hurts a little quarax is distinguishable from close relatives.
10. Senegalese Qaranx. Record holder miniature. The length of the fish does not exceed 30 centimeters, and weighs a couple of hundred grams. The fish has a pointed head and an elongated body. The first dorsal, anal fins are extended on it.
Small quarkies can be kept in aquariums. However, predatory fish are voracious and pose a threat to other inhabitants of an artificial reservoir. Therefore, scads are more common in the wild, and they get into houses as food for humans. How to get it will tell in the next chapter.
Catch the hero of the article on the bait. Effective trolling. In this case, the fisherman is on a moving boat. If you catch from a rowing boat, fishing is called a path. Speed at the last little to attract the attention of fish. While trolling, the bait is carried in the water like the real victims of the quranx.
Usually, in trolling they use artificial bait, but the hero of the article prefers live. Once on the hook, the fish fights so hard that it is recognized as a symbol of masculinity, courage and power. The second name, the golden quarantine, also indicates the privilege of the animal.
Under this name combine all species of the genus. There is also the term «yellowfin quarantine«. Here it becomes clear hint at the color of the fins. They are yellowish in fish of the genus. It is interesting that in pure waters the color is barely noticeable, and in the turbid it is pronounced.
The color of the body of the fish tells the fishermen the sex of the caught individual. Females are lighter, silvery. The males of most species of Quranks are dark. Coloring, by the way, is one of the methods for determining the edibility of fish. Most of them are tasty and harmless, but black is partially poisonous. So, having caught a fish, you should look into the directory and only then send the catch to the kitchen.
Reproduction and life expectancy of caranx
The reproduction of the hero of the article depends on the living conditions. In tropical latitudes, fish spawn several times a year. In temperate waters with a lower temperature, the quarkies decide to breed only in summer.
Karanks are prolific. Females toss about a million eggs at a time. Parents do not hide them and do not monitor their offspring. Eggs float freely in the water column. The part is eaten, and from the part there are fry.
The first time they hide “in the shadows” of jellyfish. Growing up, karanksy go to single swimming. If it is successful, the fish will live 15-17 years. This is twice as long as the next of kin — simple cobbles.